SolusVM Slave Only Master License Overview
Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) is a powerful GUI based VPS management system with full OpenVZ, Linux KVM, Xen Paravirtualization and Xen HVM support. SolusVM allows you and your clients to manage a VPS cluster with security & ease.
- 7 layers of cluster authentication
- Secure high performance C based core
- Brute force blacklisting
- Unique data encryption per installation
- Authentication logging
- Seperate admin & client areas
- Password retrieval using unique keys
- Add, remove, edit virtual servers
- Add, remove edit clients
- Add, remove, edit resellers
- Add, remove, edit clients
- Reinstall operating systems
- Change root passwords
- Change hostnames
- Direct serial console login
- Add, remove, edit slaves
- Add & remove IP addresses
- View & edit Logs
- View & edit Stats
- Change personal details
|Product||VPS Instances Allowed on Machine|
|SolusVM Enterprise Master License||Yes – Unlimited|
|SolusVM Slave Only Master License||No|
|SolusVM Unlimited Slave License||Yes – Unlimited|
|SolusVM Mini Slave License||Yes – 5 VPS Instances|
|SolusVM Micro Slave License||Yes – 2 VPS Instances|
What do the licenses mean?
SolusVM offers two main types of licenses, Master licenses and Slave licenses. If you look above you will note that each license type has either the phrase “Slave” or “Master” (with the exception of the “SolusVM Slave Only Master License” which will count as a master license). This will determine which group the license will fall under.
- Master: These licenses signify the “mainframe” of any virtualization structure. It is at the head of all virtualization related activities and must be included in every virtualization structure.
- Slave: These licenses signify the nodes of a virtualization structure. It comprises all of the branches in a virtualization structure and is NOT mandatory to have. However, these license types do help with redundancy as well as process distribution (e.g. 100 VPS instances on 10 slave servers is almost certainly better than 100 VPS instances on 1 master server).
- So what’s the difference between a SolusVM Enterprise Master and SolusVM Unlimited Slave? The Enterprise master license can exist on its own (create/host VPS servers). However, the SolusVM Unlimited slave license cannot exist on its own. It must be in contact with a master server (whether it be the Slave only master or the Enterprise master) in order to create/host VPS servers.
- Still confused? Feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] and we would be more than happy to explain this to you in more depth.